The Who to Tour Without Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 3 10:49:17 UTC 2010

I should have posted this a few days ago.  Sounds a great idea.
-MB

from :

http://www.jambands.com/news/2010/04/01/the-who-to-tour-without-pete-townshend-and-roger-daltrey

The Who have decided to hit the road this summer without Pete Townshend and
Roger Daltrey. Townshend, who showcased his trim tummy on the Super Bowl
will instead focus on a Jenny Craig song cycle, while it'll be all Rock Camp
all the time for Daltrey.

The Who will tour sheds late in the summer and early fall led by Townshend's
younger brother, guitarist Simon Townshend, who has toured with The Who for
almost two decades. Townshend (Simon), will be joined by John "Rabbit"
Bundrick, who has played keyboards with The Who for over 30 years. Townshend
(Simon), explains that the setlists will focus on the early Motown and James
Brown material that the band had championed in the early 1960s. "I would
like to show people what The Who could have become without that Mod
influence that Pete so dearly loved," said Townshend. "I think they could
have really been one of the great girl groups of the 60s."