When Singers Can't Sing Their Songs Anymore

Susan DeSimone suesjoy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 20 10:45:34 UTC 2009

Brian said:>I'm going to step back and let the man make his case:
http://tinyurl.com/nf4hz2

Thanks Dave for forwarding this.
 -Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com
I feel badly slagging off on poor Rog. (bad sue).This is the BEST comment I've read so far about Rog's voice at the mo:"I really think Roger Daltrey call still sing. However he should take a 'cue' from Mick Jagger of The Rolling Stones. Mick has been able to successfully maintain his vocal 'signature' while re-vamping his style somewhat.Roger seems to blow his voice out early on Who tours due to his great passion for the music. He's been doing that for a long time now. This may have caused permamnent damage to his upper register.By their own admission, The Who are essentially a cover band at this point. This is a good thing in that most people don't expect "Live at Leeds" when they see a current day Who show. Certain, more challenging Who songs can be re-worked to fit Daltrey's matured voice.It's certainly worth a try!"That was from Bonfire Jones at Rachel's forum.I think he is spot on about blowing out his voice early in the tour. When I saw the Who in London last December Rog sounded fine to me!