Who legend Pete Townshend drops in at the Mayflower

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 11 12:03:10 UTC 2009

>From The Southern Daily Echo:
http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/4592777.Who___s_in_the_audience_/

THERE were extra nerves for the cast of Quadrophenia last night when The Who legend Pete Townshend dropped in to see his rock opera brought to life.

The band’s legendary guitarist and singer, who wrote the original 1973 album which spawned the iconic film and show, sat spellbound among the packed audience at The Mayflower.

He told the Daily Echo: “To hear my songs sung by new young people is a thrill. I enjoy working in music theatre and feel at ease. It is humbling and exciting at the same time.”
 -Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com