The Who Overrated & Underrated

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Wed Sep 9 13:38:48 UTC 2009

In a message dated 9/9/2009 6:33:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com writes:

> Emily Tartanella over at Magnet magazine rates The Who's 5 most overrated
> and 5 most underrated works.
>
> http://www.magnetmagazine.com/2009/09/08/the-overunder-the-who/

well, considering the people who have ended up covering "my generation" (a
bunch of old people that became a youtube sensation and..... was it britney
spears? ashlee simpson? one of those current "pop tarts"), I can see why one
would claim that MG is overrated.  but, its sentiment is still something I
carry with to this day. something I attempt to aspire to.   try it some
time. ; )

I agree that "tommy" is overrated as well. works better as a live piece
than a studio one, I think.

"a legal matter" is DEFINITELY underrated. one of the best opening riffs
EVER!  so cool.

never knew "squeeze box" was "overrated"... but ok. ironic that "who by
numbers" topped the "underrated" list... and "squeeze box" is on that album.