New Roger interview

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Sun Sep 6 20:17:12 UTC 2009

In a message dated 9/6/2009 11:00:12 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
nakedi at comcast.net writes:

> Indeed I was!  My point is that rock and roll often *is* about growing up
>
> and always has been.  It's about not growing up in the way that your
> parents
> want you to or did themselves.  That's always been a recurring theme.
> And,
> I see nothing wrong with the artists who created the genre evolving the
> message as they mature to deal with more mature concerns.  There are
> expectations for middle aged and old people, too.  Pete already dealt with
>
> his middle aged 'crises' so why wouldn't he continue to do so into old
> age?
> Angst doesn't go away when you stop being a teenager, you know!  And, as
> long as we're comparing recent work, I'll take Mike Post Theme over Outlaw
>
> Pete every day of the week and twice on Must See Thursday.

good point all the way through.  I was just saying that some artists are
better at it than others, that's all.   I agree, "outlaw pete" sucks,
especially when it sounds a bit too much like KISS' "I was made for Lovin' you", but
check out the song "surprise surprise" or "kingdom of days".  just read the
lyrics anyway. or listen to the entire "magic" album. ha!  can't miss.
http://www.brucespringsteen.net