Silly Songs

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk
Fri Sep 4 07:28:33 UTC 2009

Joe in Philly said:

> Hey Martin,
>
> Why not do a mix of Silly songs by The Who?
>
> You know,
>
> Happy Jack,
> Oderono,
> Tattoo,
> Mary Ann...,
> Boris..,
> Medac,
> Silas Stingy...
>
> Whada-ya-think?
>
> This band knew how to do the whole range (playful/whimsical to dead-serious)

I'm inspired!

I have my thinking cap on...

This reminded me of a post about weirdest Who songs; the thread starts here:

http://www.igtc.com/pipermail/thewho/2009-February/020494.html

There's certainly a lot of songs in that thread which could be classified as "silly":

eg:
Dogs
Now I'm A Farmer
Tommy's Holiday Camp
Waspman
Cobwebs and Strange
Trilby's Piano
etc.

My dilemma is: to try and think of songs which I haven't included in any previous compilation.  (Or at least, to find very different versions of the best songs, eg: Happy Jack.)

A lot of the silliest songs relate to animals (eg: Dogs, The Pig Must Die, Boris the Spider) - but they've all been included on the Animals compilation.  Or people's names (eg: Silas, Mary Ann, Rollerskate Kate), which are all on the Who Are You? compilation.

But I should easily be able to come up with around 20 silly songs - in the next few weeks or so.  But let me know of any more ideas you get.

-MB

The information contained in this Email message is being transmitted to and is intended only for the use of the individual named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this Email or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this Email in error, please immediately notify us by return Email or by telephone (0044 (0) 1403 282300) and destroy this Email message and its attachments.

NetSol Technologies Europe Ltd.