Pirate Radio

Jim M Nakedi at comcast.net
Fri Oct 30 14:38:30 UTC 2009

From: "Martin Bailey" <mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk>

> This film was released in the UK a few months ago, but it was called "The
> Boat That Rocked" here.   (I think "The Boat That Rocked" is a better -
> funnier - title, but at least "Pirate Radio" explains what the film is
> about.)

Yes, but pirates are cool.  They'll probably draw thousands of Americans in
who are expecting to see Johnny Depp!

> "My Generation" and "I Can See For Miles" are on the soundtrack CD:
>
> http://www.amazon.co.uk/Boat-That-Rocked-Various-Artists/dp/B001TH16BK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1256910826&sr=1-1

That makes more sense than WGFA, which is in the movie trailer.

> And I believe there were other Who songs in the film too.  We've mentioned
> it on this list before.
>
> I've borrowed the DVD, and I've got it at home.  But I haven't got round
> to watching it yet.  Maybe this weekend.

Let us know what you think.  The story sounds original and I'd love to know
more about the whole Pirate Radio movement.  The trailer looks a little
cheesy to me, but there should be a great soundtrack.

Jim M