michael english RIP

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Sun Oct 18 08:18:48 UTC 2009

from thewho.com:

The artist Michael English has passed away. He, with Nigel Waymouth,
designed artworks in the 60s for The Who, Pink Floyd etc. His poster for 'I Can
See For Miles' is featured in the new WHO SELL OUT package that designed by
thewho.com's art director, Richard Evans.

"Michael English and Nigel Waymouth's artworks personified the true image
of the British Sixties scene," says Richard. "Their work was unique and, for
a young buck like myself, an incredible inspiration. The last time we spoke
was earlier this year when I was producing the artwork for THE WHO SELL OUT
deluxe edition. I can honestly say I wouldn't have picked an airbrush up if
it hadn't been for Michael."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/culture-obituaries/art-obituaries
/6339274/Michael-English.html