makes for an interesting discussion..

Jim nakedi at comcast.net
Thu Nov 26 13:31:21 UTC 2009

From: <JOELTLE515 at aol.com>

> http://www.examiner.com/x-24087-The-Who-Examiner~y2009m11d25-You-vote-for-the-greatest-Who-performance

Well, I'm thankful for all their performances and that we still have the
promise of new music from the greatest singer & songwriter in the history of
rock & roll.

As for the poll, there are some pretty odd choices up there.  Many of them
are fragments of shows.  Personally, I have to go with something from 1970,
which I think was their absolute peak of live performance.  I tend to lean
towards the shows before they introduced the Lifehouse material, just cause
I'd rather hear them play A Quick One & Happy Jack rather than I Don't Know
Myself & Water.  So, I go with Leeds over IoW.  The wildcard could be some
of the later '71 shows, when they had started playing Baba and Bargain, etc.
Maybe if they would release the San Fran show I'd change my mind.

Jim M