Pirate Radio - Who Who, Who Who!

Joe Lewinski lewinski at icanon.com
Mon Nov 16 00:52:50 UTC 2009

I saw Pirate Radio this weekend.   Very entertaining film.   If you ever
questioned
why you love Rock and Roll and the spirit of The Who, this should help
you with
your quest, at the very least, if not provide */the /*answer all
together.   The irreverence
and disrespect for authority that this movement [pirate radio, in
general] promoted,
is, in my opinion in lock step with why I love The Who.   The casting
was excellent.
The leader of this group, the executive in charge of the business
reminded me a lot of
Chris Stamp.

Do yourself a favor and see this film.   Three Who songs (I think
they've been mentioned
before by Martin, and I won't mention them again so you'll be surprised)
are played at
key moments of the film and punctuate the action nicely.

Enjoy!

Joe in Philly

PS.  If you're a  Harry Potter fan, both my wife and I came away from
this film thinking that
the actor that plays young Carl should have been cast for Harry
Potter.   He'd have been ad
dead ringer.