EXTRA, EXTRA, READ ALL ABOUT IT!!! The Who plays Superbowl 2/2010

Jim nakedi at comcast.net
Thu Nov 12 20:12:41 UTC 2009

From: "Joe Lewinski" <lewinski at icanon.com>

> I called this two or three years ago.   I just didn't factor in the usual
> Who-delays that always seem
> to make things in the Who camp take twice as long.

I just googled superbowl tickets for a lark and the results started at
 >$1,700.  Oh, well, there's that bubble burst!

> My predictions for the set list for this gig are:
>
> Who Are You
> I Can't Explain
> Baba O'Riley
> My Generation

That's probably a good guess.  I think you can take WAY and Baba to the
bank.  How much time do they get again?  You'd think they'd play Won't Get
Fooled Again if the slot is long enough.  It sure would be nice to see them
play something that they haven't played at EVERY big event.  I guess I Can't
Explain fits that bill.  It wouldn't shock me to see them play You Better
You Bet or Pinball Wizard.

If this becomes official, I think it's a pretty clear sign that there will
be a tour next year.  otherwise, that's a huge wasted marketing opportunity.

Jim M