Green Day "Quick One" cover

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk
Thu May 21 13:43:00 UTC 2009

Sue said:

> Hey Check this out.  A bonus track on the new Green Day cd
> Is a full version OF A Quick One While He's Away. It's right on
> to the orignal  if you listen it's almost the Who.
>     Just thought someone would be interested...
>                  SUE

I was so excited when I first read this.  I had a friend who had already ordered this CD, and I was already looking forward to borrowing it.

I felt deflated when Ernie pointed out this was iTunes only.  Damn iTunes.

Then I felt elated again when Ernie posted the youtube link.  Damn fine cover version.  Thanks.

Its been a real rollercoaster of emotions...

I'm sure A Quick One will surface on CD one day, on some Green Day rarities collection or something.

Anyway: I've heard the rest of the album now.  Its another good overambitious concept album.  American Idiot Part 2.  I'm sure there'll be a long list of singles from it.

My favourite line of the whole album is this:

	My generation is zero
	I never made it as a working-class hero. ...

Is it just a coincidence that Green Day have covered both The Who's "My Generation" and John Lennon's "Working Class Hero"?  Or is this a salute to their heroes?

Susan said:

> Going to see Green Day in Boston in July...can't wait!
> They're my daughter's fave band.

Last week I was invited to see Green Day in London this October.  I thought about it.  But I didn't want to be the oldest one there.  And I'd only really heard the American Idiot album.
But now I've heard their new album... I'm thinking it would be good to see them live.

-MB

The information contained in this Email message is being transmitted to and is intended only for the use of the individual named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this Email or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this Email in error, please immediately notify us by return Email or by telephone (0044 (0) 1403 282300) and destroy this Email message and its attachments.

NetSol Technologies Europe Ltd.