Geddy Lee on The Who

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 11:00:48 UTC 2009

>From Entertainment Weekly:
http://music-mix.ew.com/2009/03/rush-i-love-you.html?xid=rss-music-Geddy+Lee+on+%27I+Love+You%2C+Man%2C%27+%27Colbert%2C%27+new+comp

Rush's Geddy Lee talks about 'I Love You, Man,' 'Colbert,' and their new compilation

EW: You do a live cover of the Who’s "The Seeker" on the DVD that’s included with the new collection. Why is that song important to you?

GL: Pete Townshend is probably my biggest hero in terms of songwriting. Anything we could do that’s related to the Who makes me happy. They were so important to being where I am. John Entwistle’s bass sound was really influential on the way my bass sounds. They were really influential on our band in a big way. They were powerful and heavy without it being so over the top that it was like bludgeoning you. That’s something we’ve strived for.

 -Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com