Quadrophenia regatta

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 3 11:02:25 UTC 2009

OK, this struck me as strange. From The Kinks' song "A Well-Respected Man" I always thought regattas were a bit too hoity-toity for this:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4414800.Season_gets_under_way_at_Gravesend/

This weekend sees the 163rd Gravesend town regatta at Gravesend Promenade, which has a Quadrophenia theme.

A large collection of classic scooters will be on show throughout the weekend, as well as singers, live bands, a fun-fair, charity stalls, dancing troops and a host of other things to entertain the whole family.

Racing will start at 10am on both days and with more rowing teams than ever, the programme will see a race starting about every 30 minutes.  -Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com