Woodstock: 40 Years On: Back to Yasgur's Farm - CD Box set

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk
Fri Jul 10 13:14:07 UTC 2009

There's a new 6-CD box set being released on 17th August.

Amazon.com has an enticing Product Description:

"As the historic festival marks its 40-year anniversary, Rhino presents WOODSTOCK-40 YEARS ON: BACK TO YASGUR'S FARM, a 77-song, six-CD boxed set that features the most comprehensive collection ever available of artists that performed at the original festival, sequenced in chronological order of performance, featuring 38 previously unreleased recordings, including the Grateful Dead, The Who, Tim Hardin, Jefferson Airplane, Country Joe & The Fish, and others.

To assemble the most comprehensive document of the myth-steeped weekend, the boxed set's co-producer Andy Zax pored over every inch of multitrack tape in search of the strongest parts of each of the 33 sets. 'The way we approached all of the material was as if it was a cinema verite documentary-the raw record of the event,' Zax says. In addition to the music, the set offers considerable amount of ancillary material sprinkled throughout the discs-stage announcements, lysergic babble, the sounds of rain, a cameo appearance by Abbie Hoffman, and the graciousness of Max Yasgur's address to the crowd, heard for the first time in its entirety. "

The only full tracklist I've been able to find is on play.com:

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/4-/10665030/Woodstock-40/Product.html

Middle of Disk 4 looks like this:

5. Amazing Journey - The Who
6. Pinball Wizard- The Who
7. Abbie Hoffman vs. Pete Townshend
8. We're Not Gonna Take It - The Who

So we only get three Who songs?  I'm still holding out for the whole "Who at Woodstock" performance to be released on CD.  One day...

Oh, and there's also a 2 CD set being released on the same day.  Includes "We're Not Gonna Take It".

-MB

The information contained in this Email message is being transmitted to and is intended only for the use of the individual named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this Email or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this Email in error, please immediately notify us by return Email or by telephone (0044 (0) 1403 282300) and destroy this Email message and its attachments.

NetSol Technologies Europe Ltd.