Fun Quiz!

jimthewhofan at aol.com jimthewhofan at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 14:14:30 UTC 2009

>>which brings me to ask the question: IS there a "John entwistle like"
bassist?<<

Not that I'm suggesting these guys would have or should have taken the job, there is Chris Squire and Billy Sherwood, both of whom are melodic bassists. I offer these two just as evidence that more melodic bassists are out there. Zak Starkey's style is more appreciative of Keith's than Kenney's was. There are bassists out there who are more appreciative of John's style.

My bigger point, or implication really, is that Roger wanted a guy like Keith but not like John and I can't figure that out. Of course, maybe now Roger realizes he needs to shut up and play it Pete's way. Without Pete, there is no Who. Roger's now under Pete's thumb.