Fun Quiz!

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Thu Jan 29 13:23:37 UTC 2009

In a message dated 1/29/2009 7:12:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jimthewhofan at aol.com writes:

> This brings to mind a something that's bugged me a bit about the post-JAE
> Who...if it was sooooo necessary that the Who needed a "Keith Moon type
> drummer" (that Jones wasn't), why hasn't it been necessary for the Who to need a
> "John Entwistle like" bassist?

which brings me to ask the question: IS there a "John entwistle like"
bassist?  I mean, there have been some great drummers who could've filled the
drummer's seat following keith's death (phil collins reportedly asked. I think he
would've been a good choice). of course, no one can be like keith behind the
drums (or anywhere else for that matter. maybe ozzy. ha), but there have been some
pretty good contenders through the years that could've done the job and made
it at least SEEM like they're playing in keith's style a la what zak is doing,
but are there any real good contenders for the bass?  I for one don't think
so.