Who fans worldwide save $40.

Bruce bkawak at charter.net
Tue Jan 27 01:08:11 UTC 2009

Announcement months in the making:

Starting in early February, we are opening up the site (thewho.com) and making all content areas FREE to everyone. This includes all areas of the forums, access to Pete's and Roger's communications and to all audio and visual content, which will be free for anyone and everyone to enjoy.

All you have to do to have free access to the site is to register.

As a registered member, you also have the option to pay a subscription to join The Who Live Club and receive extra benefits.

THE WHO LIVE CLUB

If you're a NEW member - ie if you have never subscribed to thewho.com - you will be charged $50. Benefits beyond those received by registered members will be:
- Pre-sale ticket access
- $20 store coupon
- Unique email address at thewho.com (yourname at thewho.com)
- Double CD 'View From A Backstage Pass'
- Ability to watch video content in a large screen format.

If you're a RENEWING member - your fee will be $40 and you will automatically receive all the benefits of membership to 'The Who Live Club' plus you will also receive an exclusive (13X19) Fillmore-style print. (Renewing members will not receive the double CD 'View From A Backstage Pass' since they will have receive that when they first joined.

We are planning to roll out this new program next week. We will keep you posted with more details as they become available.

If you have any questions, please post them here. I will go through these carefully and may well use them when I create a general FAQ on the offer.

Cheers,
Rob

Rob Lee
Webmaster, thewho.com

Maybe it's part of the President's stimulus package. :) There is no good reason to renew, unless you really want that print. While not promised it was certainly hinted that a View from a Backstage Pass type release would be in the offing.  The reason given for the lack thereof is "availability and copyrights."

Bruce