Pete's Blog - THE KENNEDY AWARDS WEEKEND

Jim M Nakedi at comcast.net
Wed Jan 14 21:11:02 UTC 2009

From: "Alan McKendree" <amck at thenetdr.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:46 AM
To: "The Who Mailing List" <thewho at igtc.com>
Subject: Re: Pete's Blog - THE KENNEDY AWARDS WEEKEND

>>My favourite moment was when Bettye LaVette sang a very fine version of
>>LOVE REIGN O'ER ME
>
> I suspect Pete is being kind here.  At any rate, it didn't work for me.
> She sounded like she had no real connection to the song...just reciting
> words she'd memorized -- or read from a teleprompter -- and moaning a
> little extra whenever she came to "love".

Hey, Alan.  Did you really watch Pete's reaction to that performance and
think it was anything other than genuine respect, admiration and emotion?
You're obviously entitled to your own opinion of the performance, but I
don't see how you can say that you don't think Pete was moved.  It was
written all over his face.

Jim M