Planet Rock- GREATEST VOICE IN ROCK RESULTS

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 14 18:10:41 UTC 2009

Sue DeSimone said:

> I agree with MOST of the list...BUT, as much as I LOVE Neil Young...how on
> earth did he beat out Grace Slick?

I have to admit that I didn't know who Grace Slick was.  But, after a quick
Google, I see she was in Jefferson Airplane / Starship etc.
And yes, Somebody to Love, White Rabbet, We Built This City etc. all prove
that she had a great voice.

> SHE had the best voice in rock I think...well, at least female voice.

Hard to choose between Grace and Janis Joplin.

> Neil's is unique, but it took years for it to grow on me

Neil is currently my 2nd favourite rock artist (after The Who).  His guitar
playing, songwriting, and just his whole attitude towards music is
outstanding.

But his voice... hmmm.  It's certainly an acquired taste.  As much as I love
his music, I would never vote for him as the Greatest Voice in Rock.

-MB