Lots

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 14 15:54:36 UTC 2009

Ernie said:
> that one and "gotta dance" is from the railway hotel footage.
Thanks for reminding me.  I've only ever played that bonus DVD once.  I
think it's time to dig it out again soon.

Joe in Philly:
> I'm having difficulty downloading part 2 of 3.

I see what you mean.  It's not just you.  I'm trying to re-upload it again
now, but having some problems...

Alan said:
> >at the Gala and Barbra Streisand turned to ask me if I really wrote it.
>
> I've been meaning to write this ever since I first read it, so now I
> don't have to look up the original mention:  this makes Barbra
> Streisand a moron

I know what you mean - especially when you consider that, a few years later,
she asked Pete to write a couple of songs for her ("And I Moved", "And I
Forget the Other").
You'd think that she would have researched his music a bit before that.

> I'm one of the biggest Who fans going,
> and I still managed to be aware of -- and appreciate -- "Funny Girl",
> "People", "Hello Dolly", etc. before I was 20.

Ah, but that's not a fair argument to make.  These are three very well known
songs.
I'm sure BS is aware of My Generation, Won't Get Fooled Again and Teenage
Wasteland (sic).
But Love Reign O'er Me is a relatively obscure album track, and as a single
it's even more obscure.
It may be on a few best-of compilations, but I'm sure that there's a lot of
people in the world who can name 3 Who songs, and LROM won't be one of them.
I can understand people never having heard it before (their loss).

-MB