[Oddsandsods] Leeds

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 14 13:21:17 UTC 2009

I can't believe that, if this is really Live at Leeds video footage, that
this is the way it'll finally get released.  Not many people in the US or UK
will be able to play a Japanese region DVD.  And most of us will already
have Amazing Journey, and won't want to buy the Japanese version just for
the 2 bonus disks.

If this really is Live at Leeds video, then I would imagine it'll also get a
seperate release here (one day), with brown packaging made to look like the
Live at Leeds album.

Bruce also quoted:

> 1.Happy  jack(B.G.)
> 2.Magic bus(B.G.)

What does the BG stand for?

> 3.Ooh poo pa doo
> 4.Gotta dance

Any idea what these are?  Is this old Railway / High Numbers footage?

Were these tracks included on the 2nd disk of the original Amazing Journey
release?  (I don't have my copy to hand, and I'm having trouble remembering
what was on that 2nd disk.)

I cannot believe that The Who are going to release a song called "Ooh Poo Pa
Doo".  I've just Googled it.  There's also a Slade song with the same name.
Is this Coincidence?  Here's some the lyrics:

    Let me tell 'bout Ooh Poo Pa Doo
    Yeah they call me the most
    Yeah, Ooh Poo Pa Doo
    Yeah they call me the most
    And I won't stop talking try and create a disturbance in your mind

    Chorus
    Oh-oh, Ooh Poo Pa Doo (Ooh Poo, Ooh Poo Pa Doo)
    Yeah they call me the most (Ooh Poo, Ooh Poo Pa Doo)
    Yeah, Ooh Poo Pa Doo (Ooh Poo, Ooh Poo Pa Doo)
    Yeah they call me the most (Ooh Poo, Ooh Poo Pa Doo)
    And I won't stop talking try and create a disturbance in your mind

(it goes on like this...)

    Woh-hoh (woh-hoh)
    Woh-hoh (woh-hoh)
    Oh yeah (oh yeah)
    Oh (oh), oh (oh), oh (oh), oh (oh), yeah

(but this is the best bit:)

    Monkey away for me baby, I'm a rag sugar monkey now
    Yeah, monkey away for me baby, any old time around
    And I won't stop talking try and create a disturbance in your mind

Classic lyrics.

Actually, further Googling revealed that Bruce said this back in October
2007:

> Further details, it's only 2 songs Dance to Keep From Crying and Ooh Poo
> Pa
> Doo (short clip on thewho.com site).  I hear the rest of the Railway film
> has no audio. :(

-MB