Kennedy Center Observations

Martin Bailey mobailey at ntlworld.com
Sun Jan 4 11:34:51 UTC 2009

I'm just catching up with the YouTube videos of this ceremony now.

> _YouTube - Bettye LaVette Love Reign O'er Me (Live from Kennedy
> Center
> Honors)_ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVkXACKFF6o)

(Did anyone else note the typo at the start of this clip: "Kenney Center
Honor".  Was this whole ceremony a tribute from Kenney Jones?)

Thanks for posting this.  Truly awesome version.  The only possible flaw in
this rendition is the piano at the beginning of the song - it lacks the
beauty and build up of the original.  But Bettye really whacks out a belting
version.

This is a keeper.  I've uploaded an MP3 of this here:
http://cid-947af7fe6e297cd8.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/TheWho/Music/YouTube/Bettye%20LaVette%20Love%20Reign%20O%7C_er%20Me%20Tribute%20to%20Pete%20Townshend%20and%20Roger%20Daltrey.mp3?lc=1033

I found some more footage on YouTube.  Including a 10 minute clip of all the
Who tribute acts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL2XMSuQkfs&feature=related

And all the presenter's speeches (including Jacks Black, around 4 minutes
into the clip):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG4VB7wYeBA

-MB