Kennedy Center Observations

Keithjmoon70 at aol.com Keithjmoon70 at aol.com
Thu Jan 1 18:30:53 UTC 2009

>I enjoyed seeing Pete and Roger watching the show from their little box  at
the Kennedy Center.

That was fun to watch because their eyes were so animated.  They were  there.

Of the songs represented, I think that Pete was most proud of LROM. Not  only
because of the performance, but because of the song itself.  It is
dignified. It is classical. It is timeless. It is a  gut-wrenching cry for the freedom
and relief of genuine, true love.

Bettye did it  justice because she hit that vein and sang it from her  soul.
Pete, as he is so gifted at doing, says what we all would like to be able  to
say and he has never done it better than in that song. I think we saw  him
getting a big drink.

Jon in Mi.