Kennedy Center Observations

Jake Marini jkmarini at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 1 17:15:38 UTC 2009

Happy Who Year, everyone.

I agree w/ what others have posted. The inaccuracies in the film clip narration made me scream at the TV.  But Bettye LaVette was amazing.  I absolutely loved it.

I enjoyed seeing Pete and Roger watching the show from their little box at the Kennedy Center. There's something surreal about having them bookended by Twyla Tharp and Barbra Streisand. I also amused myself by trying to determine whose nose was bigger -- PT's or Babs'.

Happy 2009.

Jake