Kennedy Center observations

jimthewhofan at aol.com jimthewhofan at aol.com
Thu Jan 1 15:29:38 UTC 2009

>>it does seem to me that entwistle, with each who bio that comes along since
his death, is being under-estimated inch by inch, and it's very sickening to
me.<<

 I have harped for some time now that the more time goes on, the less official recognition Entwistle gets for his role in the Who. Yes, I know the Kennedy Center honors are for living individuals (much like the Nobel prize), so Entwistle cannot be honored in the same way that the living Townshend and Daltrey were, but still, whoever wrote that narration needed a MUCH better fact-checker.

Your comment that Jack Black "should have known better" is problematic. I'm not saying it's not true...though I have no way of knowing how much of a fan of the Who Black is. Yes, he loves the Who, but did he immerse himself in the Who, as many of us in this forum have? Further, he was asked to deliver an onstage acknowledgment and to narrate the bio piece. But that doesn't mean he had a role as consultant. It's nice to think he "should have known better" about what he was asked to read, but at the end of the day, editing that narration was not his job.