Kennedy Center Observations

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Thu Jan 1 13:26:16 UTC 2009

In a message dated 1/1/2009 8:12:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lewinski at icanon.com writes:

> watched the KCH again last night and saw the tribute to
> Morgan Freeman
> for the first time.   I did love the musicians they assembled to honor
> him and Pete
> and Roger's reaction to these members of their musical ancestry.   That
> was a
> subtle, double honor for them.

I notice the whole night, even with the other honorees, there were subtle
salutes to the who for the die-hards to catch. there were the great bluesmen who
inspired them as was pointed out. there was a "sinatra suite" performed in
honor of twyla tharp with frank singing "that's Life" which was the rendition
featured in the episode of "CSI" with roger's guest appearance (he even performs
it in that karaoke bar scene), and of course, what was the last song performed
at the ceremony? "there's a place for us..". ah, we miss you moonie! : )