Pete Answers Questions From Fans

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 13:59:16 UTC 2009

Kevin said:

> >PT: I started a 5.1 SACD version of Quad and then lost interest. It
> >would be good to complete a kind of DIRECTOR's CUT of Quadrophenia,
> >but I'm not sure it will ever happen now. I need to keep focussed on
> >writing something new.

> Good news.

Meh.

"Writing something new" is so vague.  It could relate to his autobiography, or just songs he writes for his own enjoyment.  It almost certainly doesn't relate to new songs which will be released as a new Who or even solo album.

A "Directors Cut of Quadrophenia", however, is something much more tangible, and much more exciting.

A 3 CD release (at least) version of Quad is something long overdue.  It's the only Who album which has never been re-released with bonus tracks.  (Even Endless Wire had bonus tracks!)

Such a shame if this idea is now dropped, just because Pete has focus issues.

A Quadrophenia bonus CD could have easily been filled with demos (some of which we've already heard on Scoops), orchestral parts, alternate takes, We Close Tonight, the additional Quad soundtrack songs, and live versions - even a whole 1987 quad tour concert.  Hell, we're easily talking about talking 4 or 5 CD box set, without Pete having to break into much of a sweat.

Benn Kempster was just as cynical as me:

> I'm not so certain that it is, personally.
> I'd been hoping for a "Tommy Sessions" or "Quadrophenia Sessions" box set
> along the lines of The Beach Boy's "Pet Sounds Sessions

I'd be doubtful of a "Tommy Sessions" release.  We've already had an excellent array of bonus tracks on the recent Deluxe Edition.  That can't be much more Tommy related goodies out there.

But as for "Quadrophenia Sessions" box set is concerned: yes.  We want this.

-MB

NetSol Technologies Europe Ltd.