Expanded (30 Yrs) Max R&B DVD set

Bruce bkawak at charter.net
Tue Feb 10 02:41:59 UTC 2009

Some notes:
The original program is different clips from London Coliseum, Kilburn, and Shea '82 have been added. HOWEVER, all three Tanglewood clips are gone! This may have to do with a dispute with Wolfgang's Vault?  It's unclear who has the masters and if they are complete.  I'm not so sure the master was used on the original video in '94 as the image is very soft looking.  There are couple of  clips ("I Can't Explain - Archive Stereo" and  "Finnish TV Archive Perf. Stereo") I'm not sure about. The former is not in the orignal and the latter may be complete song(s) that turned up on boots later.

The Rockpalast show is complete and looks to have good audio, fingers crossed.  Every copy of the video I've seen including the recent broadcast on US cable TV has Pete buried in the mix.

From:
www.yourwaytomusic.com
release date March 16

The Who Maximum R & B dvd has been out of print for some time now. So news of a reissue will bring a smile to many a Who fan. Probably an even bigger one because the set will also include an extra dvd featuring a previously unreleased concert from 1981.

The most sought after collection of their greatest live performances, spanning 30 years of their frenzied peak, re-issued with previously unreleased material. The main feature has been re-edited with 3 bonus performances and additional interviews plus the package now includes a bonus disc of the entire never-before-seen concert from Rockpalast, Germany, 1981. Presented for the first time in digital 5.1 surround sound and restored visual clarity.

Total Running Time: 2 hours 45 mins approx

Disc 1
1. Interviews Stereo
2. Magic Bus - Montage Stereo
3. Archive Interview Stereo
4. Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere - Richmond Blues & Jazz Festival 1965 Stereo
5. I Can't Explain - Archive Stereo
6. Interviews Stereo
7. So Sad About Us - Marquee Club 1967 Stereo
8. Finland Archive & Interviews Stereo
9. Finnish TV Archive Perf. Stereo
10. Interviews Stereo
11. A Quick One, While He's Away - Monterey Pop Festival 1967 Stereo
12. Interviews Stereo
13. Happy Jack - London Coliseum 1969 Stereo
14. Interviews Stereo
15. I Can't Explain - London Colliseum 1969 Stereo
16. Interviews Stereo
17. Young Man Blues - Isle Of Wight Festival 1970 Stereo
18. I Don't Even Know Myself - Isle Of Wight Festival 1970 Stereo
19. Interviews Stereo
20. My Generation - Amsterdam Holland 1972 Stereo
21. Interviews (Cow Palace re-cuts) Stereo
22. Interview Intro into Charlton Stereo
23. Substitute - Charlton Football Club 1974 Stereo
24. Drowned - Charlton Football Club 1974 Stereo
25. Bell Boy - Charlton Football club 1974 Stereo
26. My Generation Blues - Charlton Football club 1974 Stereo
27. Charlton Farewells Stereo
28. Interviews Stereo
29. Dreaming From The Waist - Cleveland 1975 Stereo
30. Interviews Stereo
31. Baba O'Riley - Kilburn 1977 Stereo
32. Interviews (Moon Tributes) Stereo
33. Interviews & Archive from 'Who Are You' Film section Stereo
34. Sister Disco - Shepperton Studios 1979 Stereo
35. Interviews & Archive from 'Who Are You' Film section Stereo
36. Who Are You - Shepperton studios 1979 Stereo
37. Interviews Stereo
38. 5:15 - International Ampitheatre, Chicago 1979 Stereo
39. My Wife - International Ampitheatre, Chicago 1979 Stereo
40. Music Must Change - International Ampitheatre, Chicago 1979 Stereo
41. Pinball Wizard - International Ampitheatre, Chicago 1979 Stereo
42. Interviews Stereo
43. Behind Blue Eyes - Concert For Kampuchea 1979 Stereo
44. Interviews Stereo
45. Love Reign O'er Me - Shea Stadium 1982 Stereo
46. Won't Get Fooled Again - Shea Stadium 1982 Stereo
47. Archive Interview Stereo
48. Boris The Spider - Giants Stadium 1989 Stereo
49. I Can See For Miles - Giants Stadium 1989 Stereo
50. See Me, Feel Me - Giants Stadium 1989 Stereo
51. Interviews Stereo
52. End Credits Stereo

Disc 2
1. Substitute - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound
2. I Can't Explain - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound 3. Baba O'Riley - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound
4. The Quiet One - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound 5. Don't Let Go The Coat - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound
6. Sister Disco - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound
7. You Better You Bet - Rockaplast Stereo , Surround Sound
8. Drowned - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound
9. Behind Blue Eyes - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound
10. Another Tricky Day - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound
11. Pinball Wizard - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound
12. Who Are You - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound
13. 5:15 - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound
14. My Generation - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound
15. Won't Get Fooled Again - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound
16. Summertime Blues - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound
17. Twist And Shout - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound
18. See Me, Feel Me - Rockpalast Stereo , Surround Sound