IOW CD Reissue?

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 13:30:02 UTC 2009

Jim M wondered:

> http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001MC7TWW/ref=pe_3451_14524381_pe_snp_TWW
>
> I don't see anything different about the CD other than the cover, which resembles the DVD.
> Am I missing anything?

The only difference seems to be the artwork.  It just looks like reissue to cash-in on the DVD reissue.

BTW, the DVD re-release does have some noteworthy improvements over the original: "Bonus Tracks Omitted from the Original Film: 'Substitute' and 'Naked Eye'" and "40 Minute Interview with Pete Townshend".

This increases the running time from 85 to 135 minutes.

But that's not enough to make this a worthwhile purchase, in my view.

I don't have a BluRay player, but if I did, then I might be tempted to buy the new BluRay version:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Live-At-IOW-Festival-1970/dp/B001HYY33I/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1233667654&sr=1-4

-MB

NetSol Technologies Europe Ltd.