Super Bowl setlist and Daltrey/Clapton

sroundtable at aol.com sroundtable at aol.com
Fri Dec 25 00:28:18 UTC 2009

Mc, I think the amount of tinkering you describe is exactly what they would
need to do to play all of those songs, and also exactly why they won't do
 it.  First, they'd need to get in a room and decide, here's where we're
 going to make the cuts & edits.  Then, someone would need to actually make
 the edits to all 3 synth tracks.  Then, the band would need to rehearse
the
 newly edited songs enough so that Roger can be sure he's not going to
screw
 up the lyrics in front of a billion people.  As it is, he has a tendency
 lose his place in songs he's been singing for decades.  I don't see him
 handling 3 totally re-worked songs with very little preparation.

 Or, they could pick a few songs like I Can't Explain & My Generation,
which
 only run 2 minutes anyway, add in one of the CSI tunes and not have to
 rehearse at all.  Which do you think they'll choose??

 Jim M

Well, your suggestion is the most viable option after the 3 CSI  themes.
Pinball, MG and WGFA would be the most likely.  Gotta have  the scream in
there for Roger.  As for the synth track edits, Pete could  knock that out in a
few hours with modern technology.  If they practice for  a week they would
have the CSI theme medley down pat.  I'm sure a  set like this has been at
least discussed in the past, so Pete and Rog should  have no problem with it.
 If necessary, they can give Rog a small  teleprompter screen by his
monitor like Steven Tyler uses.  Besides, it  would be less words for him to
remember.

Mc