Superbowl setlist and Daltrey/Clapton

Susan DeSimone suesjoy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 04:31:23 UTC 2009

Mc wrote:Despite all of the predictions/suggestions, The Who will most certainly play Baba, WAY and WGFA.  The set is 12 minutes and the three songs in regular length are 20 minutes.  2 minutes can easily be cut out of BOR (shorten the intro, let Pete come in with the guitar prior to the first verse rather than after, go into chorus immediately after Pete's "it's only teenage wasteland" rather than into 2nd verse, which leads right into Rog's harmonica finale).  WAY would eliminate the last verse (saves almost a minute), then if they went right back into the chorus rather than doing the "who-ah, who-ahs" they could still do the finale and save another 3 minutes.  That leaves only 3 minutes to cut out of WGFA.  Cut out the 2nd verse and let Pete do the extended solo after the first verse leading into "I moved myself and my family aside..."  That saves 1 min 10 sec.  Let Pete play just a short solo before the end synth sequence, which saves another almost 2 minutes, still leaving Pete to go to town after the scream.

There is your 12 minute set and it will be great.

Mc
Quelle surprise. CSI Theme night... There was no chance of them playing anything from Tommy, especially Pinball Wizard!