Amazing Journey - Thanks to Kit and Chris!

Joe Lewinski lewinski at icanon.com
Thu Dec 10 19:22:18 UTC 2009

I was working on some indoor projects and managed
to commandeer the remote control from the rest of
my family for a few hours.   I got tired of all the commercials,
and really wanted some background music, so I popped in
the Amazing Journey DVD.     I was hitting the Quick Ones
disc and looking forward to the Railway segment.

My son commented on how young they looked in some of the earlier
footage.   I was explaining to him that the management at the time
had as much to do with the success of the Who as their music,
the Mod movement, and the perfect storm of their personalities.

We owe Kit Lambert and Chris Stamp a debt of
gratitude for all of the film footage of the band before it was
popular to film bands recording, traveling, meeting and
discussing concepts, joking around, etc.  This is really great
stuff.   I'd love to have footage of my parents and grand-parents
like this.   Imagine having that kind of stuff?

Only really following The Who, I can't say for certain that their early
archive is
the biggest of the time, but I'd imagine it's one of the biggest.   Do
the Beatles have this much early footage?   I'm a casual Stones fan, but
don't recall seeing a huge variety of pre-1968 film archive.

We're just super lucky to have that early footage.   And to
Kit and Chris, I am grateful for investing in this valuable
treasure that we can all enjoy.

Joe in Philly