Roger on Super Bowl

Jim M Nakedi at comcast.net
Wed Dec 9 19:49:19 UTC 2009

From: "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org>

> I've been thinking this one over for quite a while.
> I think Martin and Jon are spot on.
> It brings their biggest album (Tommy).  One of their biggest hits (PBW).
> And, ends with the most classic concert ending in history.
>
> I do need a clarification....
> Would it just be Amazing Journey, or would it also include Sparks (enough
> time?)?

The Tommy section of the last show I went to was >20 minutes (using the boot
as reference).  Amazing Journey/Sparks alone is 11 minutes.

I can't imagine them not playing any of the major anthems.  I'm coming
around to the thought that there will need to be some kind of medley of
them, but the idea still scares me.  I'd rather see: I Can't Explain (2:15),
My Generation (no jam, 2:15), Pinball Wizard (3:00), Baba O'Riley (5:15).
Who Are You and Won't Get Fooled Again are just too long.  I'd rather not
see them chop them up.

Jim M