The Who 'would fail on X Factor'

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk
Tue Aug 25 13:08:45 UTC 2009

Brian found this:

> Roger did a phone interview on BBC Radio 5 this morning:

> http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8219779.stm

Amusingly, this Media Player has a volume control which goes up to 11.  So its louder than normal Media Players.

Some quotes from Roger:

	"We  don't play stadiums anymore .  We played stadiums for a year and hated it ... we pioneered stadiums...  It became less and less about the music and more about being a circus act."

	"Music is age-less".  Doesn't like to b referred to as a "heritage act" - "heritage implies that you're 'gone'."

	"The Who wouldn't have made it past the audience stage of X Factor.  Nor would the Sex Pistols."

Good!  I wouldn't want them to!  None of the groups / artists that I'm a fan of would have been any good on any these X Factor / Pop Idol shows.  That's why I like them.

-MB

The information contained in this Email message is being transmitted to and is intended only for the use of the individual named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this Email or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this Email in error, please immediately notify us by return Email or by telephone (0044 (0) 1403 282300) and destroy this Email message and its attachments.

NetSol Technologies Europe Ltd.