New Pete interview

Keithjmoon70 at aol.com Keithjmoon70 at aol.com
Sun Aug 16 02:07:29 UTC 2009

>Set in London and Brighton at the height of the Mod era, Quadrophenia  is
told through the eyes of Jimmy, a >hedonistic style-conscious teenager
searching for a place to belong and a girl to love.

>"Good rock music, as we now call my kind of pop, must be functional, it
has to do something more than >just entertain."

>"The mods I had known were all more gentle souls, effete in some ways,
certainly intelligent and creative," >he explains. "What the older generation
missed was the enormous inner struggle many of the mods were >going
through.

>"Suddenly, around the time of the mods, young people were  aware of
individual responsibility, especially for >their own emotional  safety and sense
of security, and for their sense of belonging."

Yeah, I feel like that, too.  I've always felt like that.  Now  that I
can't hear so well anymore, the answer is what? Death is on it's way and  I
can't stop it either. In the Ether.

Jon in Mi