Roger interview in Billboard

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk
Thu Aug 6 14:25:12 UTC 2009

Ernie made me wonder whether my memory was playing tricks with me:

> I think the idea was to do an album of covers. they didn't say what kind of
> covers. unless they did and I missed something?

Yep - Blues - or rather Rhythm and Blues.  I checked:

from http://www.igtc.com/pipermail/thewho/2008-April/019065.html

> From Rolling Stone:
> <http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/04/02/the-who-prep-covers-album/>

> The Who are planning a collection of vintage R&B covers, similar to the Motown and James Brown songs they
> performed early on in their career. "We're digging through lots of material and seeing what will work," says
> producer T Bone Burnett, who expects to travel to London this fall to begin recording. "There's an incredible
> treasury of songs in the mode of what they used to play. Not 'Heat Wave' [an early favorite of the band], but
> ones that people probably haven't heard of."Pete Townshend may also write new material for the project. "I
> might be a combination of both," Burnett says. "We're still turning it over."In other Who news, the band will
> perform on July 12th in Los Angeles for VH1's Rock Honors.

> -Brian in Atlanta
> The Who This Month!
> <http://www.thewhothismonth.com>

The information contained in this Email message is being transmitted to and is intended only for the use of the individual named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this Email or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this Email in error, please immediately notify us by return Email or by telephone (0044 (0) 1403 282300) and destroy this Email message and its attachments.

NetSol Technologies Europe Ltd.