Shine a Light

Joe Lewinski lewinski at icanon.com
Tue Apr 28 17:58:09 UTC 2009

> >I just viewed the first 40 minutes of Shine A Light...
>

>Joe, that was very well written!  You should write more.

>I saw Shine A Light at the Henry Ford museum on a big ole IMAX screen with
some real good sound, so I really dug it.  I agree with the comments about
it being so contrived,  but wasn't the Rock and Roll circus contrived? -
until the Who showed up.

Thanks for the kind words, Jon.      I should have hung in and watched
the rest, but the Stones were wearing me down at the time.

Another few thoughts occurred to me.    You'll never see a large
ring of a stage where Roger runs around so he can relate directly
to the audience, like U2 or the Stones do.     Granted, I don't
want The Who to be running around on an audience-surrounding stage,
I'd rather have them performing music.

Joe in Philly