Shine A Light

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Sat Apr 25 00:32:34 UTC 2009

in the words of peter griffin from "family guy", "you guys are asses!"

but seriously, some points from stubborn ol' me:

>> I saw "shine a light" at a cinema here when it came out. which is rare
for me since I don't "go to" movies. and I must say, it was a great
experience for me. probably the next best thing to seeing the stones in person.
(cheaper too)
>> the stones are a rock n' roll band. plain and simple. you wanna see a
"show", meaning where the singer is singing "notes" and everything is
"perfect", no "sloppiness", go to the opera or a classical concert.
>> you saw the Jack white spot, but did you see the spot with buddy guy?
KILLER!   someone went on and on about that mick should be dancing with women
onstage. I take it you didn't see the spot in the film with christina
aguilera? or mick with sheryl crow on one of their other DVDs?
>> the stones and springsteen are great to see live because you never know
exactly what the setlist is gonna be. in other words, an "ultimate rock
experience". danger, anticipation, wonder.  meanwhile, the who have been doing
the same boring / dragged out setlist since, what, two years ago?  not sure
about the stones, but I have a feeling when you see bruce and the E street
band, you definitely get your money's worth.     and by the way, if you guys
aren't really fans of bruce or the stones, why see them live?  give the
tickets to me next time, I'll go. ; )