WN or quad?

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk
Thu Apr 23 07:56:56 UTC 2009

Ernie originally asked:

> what do YOU guys think?   which one would YOU choose?
(Good question, by the way.)

I've been given this thought over the last few days.  There's no bad songs on either album.

Quadrophenia is the clear winner, for me.  (If you can have a "clear winner" between winning $1 Million dollars in a lottery, or only winning $999,999.00.)

Quad is my first love.  And it'll never die.  I fell in love with the mood of album, and then the songs.

Like so many others have said: it's a complete work that is best enjoyed from start to finish.
The individual songs barely matter.  Sometimes, I'm still not sure what song I'm listening to.

Who's Next contains some of best individual songs.  WGFA, B'OR, Bargain, BBE - I fell in love with all four of these songs years before I heard Who's Next.  (I had the old vinyl "Story of the Who" Album at the time.)

My Wife is great, even if it doesn't sit well with the rest of the album.

WN is easier to dip into.  People are more likely to fall in love with the songs, and then the album.

-MB

The information contained in this Email message is being transmitted to and is intended only for the use of the individual named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby advised that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this Email or its attachments is strictly prohibited. If you received this Email in error, please immediately notify us by return Email or by telephone (0044 (0) 1403 282300) and destroy this Email message and its attachments.

NetSol Technologies Europe Ltd.