Dylan: I'm no "mainstream artist" like Townshend

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Thu Apr 16 18:59:27 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/16/2009 10:42:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Keithjmoon70 at aol.com writes:

> don't agree with Dylan about Pete (and Roger) being "mainstream" artists.

I think dylan might've been referring to their music being used in
advertisements and stuff like that. that's why I pointed out dylan's appearances in
TV ads himself. that, plus the kennedy center honors (which dylan also
recieved), the "rock band" game etc.

he was also pointing out that the who and the others he mentioned HAVE to
perform their older material the way the fans remember it, whereas dylan,
history has definitely shown, dosen't.  I guess to bob, that's called "being
mainstream" also.