Dylan: I'm no "mainstream artist" like Townshend

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Thu Apr 16 12:57:42 UTC 2009

In a message dated 4/16/2009 8:52:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk writes:

> Was the original 1965 version of My Generation really 15 minutes long,
> and include snippets of the future rock opera "Tommy"?  No.
> So how can Dylan say that the version played on Live at Leeds is a
> duplicate of the original?

yeah. good point.   I stand corrected.   I guess dylan either forgot or
just dosen't know that.

dylan's a bit of a "mystery man" anyway, you can never tell with him. yeah,
he's done quite a number of interviews lately, wrote a book, and that
brilliant scorsese doc on him was released, but he's still a puzzle to at least
me.  wouldn't want him any other way actually. ha.

reporter: do you see yourself more as a poet or a musician?

dylan: I see myself more as a song and dance man, y know?