Best April Fools of the Day

Susan DeSimone suesjoy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 13:05:28 UTC 2009

> From: JOELTLE515 at aol.com
> Subject: Re: Best April Fools of the day
> To: thewho at igtc.com
>
> mmm... nah.   the way roger is singing these days, I highly, 100% doubt
> that
> he would be able to do that for real.
>
> he COULD however do what plant is doing now which is a country / bluegrass
> kind of thing. maybe a Johnny cash tribute album, and since he's so "in
> love"
> with producer T. bone burnett, and T. bone produced the plant / krauss
> album, he
> could get him to collaborate. maybe get roseanne cash to chime in.
> anything's
> possible.
>
> all due respect to rog, you 'gotta give plant some credit. he knows he
> can't
> do the zeppelin songs the way he used to, so instead he went a different
> route, and surprisingly succeeded.

And how.
Raising Sand is brilliant.I know the Grammys are a crock to many, but it
deserved them ALL. I don't think it was a mercy Grammy either. Robert Plant
has done plenty of solo work and then there was the Plant/Page stuff...there
were other opportunities for Grammys post Led Zep...but then again one of
the Grammys was Best Song for a Plant/Page song! (Please Read the Letter).
ah...WHO knows????

Excellent idea on the Rog and T-bone collabortation.  Don't forget, Pete
already worked with T-bone...way back in...um 1985 maybe? Pete played guitar
on "Fatally Beautiful" on T-Bone's second solo album...Proof Through the
Night. Excellent song/album.
Pete is quite enamored of T-Bone too so I don't see why he and Rog just
don't "GET ON WITH IT" and do a cool cover album with T-Bone but that's just
beneath Pete I guess...  :(