Potatoe and SlipKid

O'Neal, Kevin W. Kevin.ONeal at vtmednet.org
Mon Sep 29 11:55:58 CDT 2008

>From: Alan McKendree <amck at thenetdr.com>
>Subject: Re: Correction...
>
>Running for office?  Anyone old enough to remember Dan Quayle's
>"potatoe" gaffe?

Oh yeah.

File this under "wish I had a camera"...a very true story...

Circa 1983/84 :Sitting in my car outside of the Potomac Shopping Center beer store (corner of River and Falls Road in Potomac, MD..for those who google map) waiting for my then girl-friend to get off work from the neighboring bakery.  Who should come walking out, but Dan "potatoe" Quayle carrying a case of Heinekens.
He walked right past my car as Hendrix was playing the national anthem.

Hey, what happened to buying American??!

>From Pete:
"He <Roger> is keen to do SLIP KID but I don't like it much without the  piano and
backing vocals I ported in from my demo."

Hmmm, a SLIPKID license plate in Boston row 8 sounds like just the motivation they need!!!!!

Kevin in VT