Townshend at Charity show in North Carolina?

Alan McKendree amck at thenetdr.com
Thu Sep 25 12:27:41 CDT 2008

>Has anybody heard if Pete was in Raleigh, North Carolina for a
>charity  show connected with the Entwistle foundation?
>
>Doesn't sound likely, but I was curious.
>
>Jon

Pete didn't play, it's questionable whether he ever was slated to
play, and a lot of people are apparently steamed over the show being
cut short:

>Townshend would have upped the concert's celebrity quotient
>considerably. Cary resident French, a trustee of the Rock and Roll
>Hall of Fame, announced the show in April with a Web site likening
>it to Woodstock, Monterey and Isle of Wight -- historic and
>legendary rock festivals all.
>
>"This will be one of the bigger music events in the country without
>a doubt," French told the Cary News.
>
>Instead of big names, however, the lineup largely consisted of
>lesser-known acts, including former members of Styx, Deep Purple and
>Grand Funk.
>
>In the wake of the show, some posts appeared on the
>rockhallbenefit.com forum complaining about the show being cut
>short. Saying the forum had been hacked, French shut it down Monday.
>
>In the forum's absence, a couple of online groups started up,
>launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/RockHOFCary and
>caryrhofshowlives.forumotion.net.

Frankly, I don't think there's any way Pete would attend or play at a
John tribute show.  But I am curious to know HOW short the show was
cut -- were they losing so much money they had to shut down
prematurely to avoid losing even more?  I'm also surprised there was
so little publicity about this show...I saw nothing, anywhere, about
it.

Cheers,
--
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN."