The Who recieve Kennedy Center Honors Dec. 8

JOELTLE515 at aol.com JOELTLE515 at aol.com
Wed Sep 10 19:52:57 CDT 2008

forget pete and roger. I think we're all aware of streisand's strong
left-wing stance and she's actually gonna share the box with W.? not to mention him
putting that kennedy center honor ribbon around her neck like she's being
knighted?  wow.  plus, daltrey and streisand did a music video together as you all
probably know, so they might be sitting together. who knows?

I think it's a bit "out of the way" for them to honor the who actually. and
too early. they're the only "group" I'm aware of who have recieved this honor.
not the beatles, not the stones, not zeppelin, and, well, you would think
those bands would get this honor before the who did.

these "honors" are a bit of a joke anyway. they only honor these people when
they're still alive which I think is a bit unfair.
makes for good TV though and I guess that's what they're going for.

as for the "tribute performers". well, if streisand can be HONORED by W. let
alone be in the same room with him, then I guess pearl Jam could perform if
they wanted to.  how about U2? there's a good choice I think.