Pete and Roger respond to Honors

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 05:55:55 CDT 2008

>From The Who.com
http://www.thewho.com/index.php?module=news&news_item_id=194

On hearing the news, Pete Townshend commented, "This is a great thrill.
Since The Who began in the early '60s we have loved American music and
audiences and have made deep and lasting friendships with everyone
involved in the industry there. Roger and I both feel our work in the
United States has been as important as our work at home. Because our
medium, rock music, is quintessentially American music with broad and
deep international and multicultural roots, this honour is especially
meaningful to us Brits”.

Roger Daltrey was equally honoured to
be chosen; “As a teenager growing up in the austerity of post war
England, it was the music I heard emanating from America that gave me a
dream to hang my life on. That dream was to make music and make it
there. I am deeply touched at receiving this honour. The warmth and
affection I feel from our US audience is humbling indeed. To be added
to the list of past recipients of this award makes that dream come
true”.

 -Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com