More on The Who in Melbourne

Brian Cady brianinatlanta2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 06:03:41 CDT 2008

>From autosport.com:
http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/71805

The Who to play Australian GP concert
By Steven English
Wednesday, October 29th 2008, 09:45 GMT

Legendary British rock band The Who will perform a concert in Albert Park at the end of next season's Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne [March 29].

American band Kiss played a post-race gig after the conclusion of last year's race and an estimated 65,000 fans stayed on to see it. Race organisers are hoping for an attendence at least as big for The Who.

"Few bans can lay claim to being among rock royalty, but British rock gods The Who must surely feature on any list of the best bands of all-time," said the Australian GP's acting CEO Zara Lawless.

"If you thought last year was big, I urge you to get along to next year's grand prix to be part of an event that people will talk about for years to come."

Pete Townshend of the band said: "This is a special occasion for us to come and be with you guys at the time if the grand prix. Kiss did it last year and we hear they played to big crowds, but we hope to see an even bigger crowd when we hit Melbourne in March."

Anyone with a ticket for the grand prix will be admitted to the concert at no extra cost.

 -Brian in Atlanta
The Who This Month!
http://www.thewhothismonth.com