Boston Review

Jim M nakedi at comcast.net
Sat Oct 25 08:46:47 CDT 2008

From: <lowgens02 at aol.com>

> Short review lol......

That's all I could muster, my brain was mush last night.  Still is, kinda.
All I can say is, if you weren't sure about going...go.  They've stepped it
up a notch from last tour, in my opinion.  Pete was having a ball and
playing like a mad man.  Roger's in great voice, although he does have times
where he has to dig down deep.  It was like watching a great athlete reach
down and pull out a performance for the ages.  It definitely wasn't easy for
Roger last night, but he knocked it out of the park when we needed it.
Honestly, I thought he had given everything he had and they would have to
cut out Tea & Theatre.  But after a couple of minutes to recover, Roger
delivered probably the best version I've heard him do.  Stunning.  Sister
Disco was absolutely the balls!

> What was the setlist Jim?

OK, doing this from memory and using Brian's Hamilton set as an aid, so
consider this unofficial.  I think I got the all the songs right, but the
order might be a little screwy.

Can't Explain
The Seeker
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere
Fragments
Who Are You
Behind Blue Eyes
Real Good Looking Boy
Sister Disco
Baba O'Riley
Getting in Tune
Eminence Front
Sea and Sand
5:15
Love Reign O'er Me
My Generation
Won't Get Fooled Again

Encore:

Pinball Wizard
Amazing Journey
Sparks (with a Little Cap'n Walker thrown in)
See Me, Feel Me
Tea and Theatre

The third oldie has been different each night.  We lost Magic Bus/Naked Eye
in the encore and gained Sea & Sand in the main set.  I like the way they're
making each show a little different.  I think that's all most of us have
been asking for, although Tattoo would have been nice!

Jim