No Encores?

Martin Bailey mbailey at netsoltek.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 02:24:47 CDT 2008

Bruce said -
> Someone at the show reports there was no "live" video projection and no cameramen seen
> running around.
> So there might not be any encore DVDs from this tour.

That's right - no Encore CDs or DVDs.

I just received this email from TheMusic this morning.  (See below).

The slashed prices for 2006/2007 CDs/DVDs are great.  But - note the last sentence:

"For those of you who have been looking forward to The Who 2008 Encore Series, The Who have decided to take a Rain Check this fall's tour"

NB: WooHoo at "Tattoo"  by the way!

-MB

Subject: BIG MARKDOWNS ON ALL WHO ENCORE SERIES ITEMS!*

Please do not reply to this message, to contact us, please visit the contact section of our website.

Contents:

BIG MARKDOWNS ON ALL WHO ENCORE ITEMS!*
BIG MARKDOWNS ON ALL WHO ENCORE ITEMS!*
THE WHO 2006 & 2007 TOURS

TheMusic.com is excited to announce our New BEAT THE RECESSION pricing on the entire stock of Who Encore Series discs, CDs and DVDs**, while supplies last.

Original CD and DVD Pricing:  $27.50            NEW Sale Price: $15.00
That's about 46% TOTAL SAVINGS

Click here to view these items

Original CD/DVD Combo Pricing:  $44.00        NEW Sale Price: $24.00
That's about 44% TOTAL SAVINGS

Click here to view these items

In addition, ALL remaining Collector's CD & DVD Box Sets are NOW 50% OFF
These specially created collector's editions contain all concerts from the Tour and a mini tour program, contained in a Collector's Box.*

Click here to view these items

Take advantage of this opportunity to build up your WHO Encore Series Collection at these incredible low prices!

*Sale does not include Deluxe Road Cases.

**DVDs of all North American shows will be made available as NON-region encoded (plays on most players) NTSC format discs. In order to play these DVDs you must have both a NTSC-capable DVD player AND NTSC-capable television. NTSC format discs typically WILL NOT play on DVD players and televisions in Europe. These discs will play WORLDWIDE on DVD-equipped computers, which have DVD playback software installed and operative. If you are in Europe and order a NTSC format DVD, you should expect it to only play only on an appropriately functional computer and NOT on your DVD/TV system unless your DVD/TV system specifically supports NTSC formatting.

DVDs of all European shows will be made available as NON-region encoded (plays on most players) PAL format discs. In order to play these DVDs you must have both a PAL-capable DVD player AND PAL-capable television. PAL format discs typically WILL NOT play on DVD players and televisions in the North America. These discs will play WORLDWIDE on DVD-equipped computers, which have DVD playback software installed and operative. If you are in North America and order a PAL format DVD, you should expect it to only play only on an appropriately functional computer and NOT on your DVD/TV system.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THE WHO 2008 TOUR
For those of you who have been looking forward to The Who 2008 Encore Series, The Who have decided to take a Rain Check this fall's tour:

CONCERT DATES/ LOCATIONS
Oct. 21     Detroit, MI
Oct. 22     Hamilton, Ontario
Oct. 24     Boston, MA